Modelzone: Westfield Stratford
24-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Modelzone: Westfield Stratford
Is closing down and selling off stock, just picked up some brushes, a Lightcraft magnifying visor and some flock for less than £20

Pretty much everything is 20-50% off, still a lot of plasticard for sale as well as Airfix

Photography | Spears of the Maiden: Tilea Sourcebook for WFRP 2nd Ed
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: Modelzone: Westfield Stratford
Yeah, modelzone's gone bust apparently. I'll have to check out the one in Centrale.

I LOVE NUTMEG! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLZB33-RrMs 1minute 25!!
Find all posts by this user
24-07-2013, 02:22 PM
knew they where struggling but apparently went into administration end of last month and not found a buyer for the stores.

The war gamer formally called slasher!
Grrr why does it take over 5 months to buy a house!!Angry
24-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Its a pity but I can see why they went down, perhaps if they'd stocked some gaming stuff things might have helped a little but Airfix and Trains are a dying breed I think.

Photography | Spears of the Maiden: Tilea Sourcebook for WFRP 2nd Ed
24-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Hmm perhaps worth popping over to blue water store. a few Airfix kits had an eye for a while but not in the being a dad budget

I love Airfix and always will - never had trains though was always a scale-electrix chap

24-07-2013, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2013 11:22 PM by Ish.)
Sad to hear, but as you say, in these times you really have to adapt to the market, which in their case probably means stocking magic and some basic gaming products..

btw quick google fu returned this (article written today on retail week)
Quote:ModelZone’s administrator has begun shutting shops, starting with its Peterborough store which closed yesterday.

Deloitte pulled the shutters down on the first ModelZone store since it fell into administration a month ago with another four set to go out of the 47-store estate.

Three stores in Guildford, Silverburn and Sunderland will close on July 31, while Trafford is the final confirmed closure on August 9. Some 45 jobs will be lost following the closures.

There are no other store closures confirmed as administrators continue to assess each store’s performance. A buyer is yet to come forward for ModelZone.

Deloitte revealed two weeks ago it would begin a store closure programme. Last week Amerang, ModelZone’s wholesale business, was acquired by rival supplier Ripmax.

Cheers,

Ish
me paint little things here
24-07-2013, 11:34 PM
(24-07-2013 02:10 PM)jimbobovalsocks Wrote:  Yeah, modelzone's gone bust apparently. I'll have to check out the one in Centrale.

Let me know if it's still there Joe, might have to pop down.

The lower half of the combined rider-warrior Lewaig. Currently dismounted.
25-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I am off at lunch so fingers crossed.

For me, I related GW as the abusive ex-girlfriend. I left her, I've found something better, that I really like, and have a good time with. sure, ever now and then I look back with fondness, and remember the good times, but then I remember the bad times, the harsh times, and the cost.
25-07-2013, 12:32 PM
According to the Centrale website, the sale will be on until the 31st of August but probably there won't be much left by then!!

25-07-2013, 12:40 PM
(24-07-2013 04:18 PM)LukeC Wrote:  Hmm perhaps worth popping over to blue water store. a few Airfix kits had an eye for a while but not in the being a dad budget

I love Airfix and always will - never had trains though was always a scale-electrix chap

The building at the end of the road where I work used to be the airfix factory. Beautiful building, but a bit run down though. It really does seem to have the spirit of airfix around it.

http://www.workspace.co.uk/london-commer...riverside/

(16-09-2013 04:21 PM)Regnix Wrote:  2 x Teraphs = 1 Ravagore?
[Image: SC2014_khador.jpg]
25-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Well ended up in the Westfield and got a load of basing and other materials

For me, I related GW as the abusive ex-girlfriend. I left her, I've found something better, that I really like, and have a good time with. sure, ever now and then I look back with fondness, and remember the good times, but then I remember the bad times, the harsh times, and the cost.
28-07-2013, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2013 11:01 PM by jimbobovalsocks.)
I went down to Croydon on Saturday. they had loads of models in stock, a lot of paints and glues but very few modeling materials (just some balsa wood and textured plasticard) so nothing that I was after. Worth a look though if you're into models or need some new super glue!

28-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Cool, cheers Joe. Might have to get some cheap supplies.

The lower half of the combined rider-warrior Lewaig. Currently dismounted.