Hello There, Guest! Login Register

New forum look
Bug 
The team that bring you the CGC forum have been hard at work, and we've found (through the power of Google) a theme which allows the forum to be more usable on mobile devices.  It's also the return of CGC green™

We'll probably make it the default soon (when I'm less busy and can keep half an eye on it), but if you want to try it in the meantime you can change your theme to "netPen" or "netPen sidebar" in the theme switcher drop-down at the bottom of the main forum page.

Give us a shout here if you find something that doesn't work/looks ugly.
May respond to "Mark".
The 'view unread posts' link under the new theme doesn't seem to work - just takes me to an empty search query page
(14-06-2016, 07:34 AM)Destrin Wrote: The 'view unread posts' link under the new theme doesn't seem to work - just takes me to an empty search query page

Try it again now - should now be 'view new posts'. (Old version of MyBB/new template incompatibiliity I guess).
May respond to "Mark".
That's cracked it Smile
Thank you Mark, good work.

Layout generally seems much better optimised for mobile so far. The header for each post with the posters name etc is quite large though, any one else notice that?
Also I was about to upload a screenshot to demonstrate but I don't seem to be able to. Quick reply function seems to work fine, but the reply button takes me to a page that doesn't seem to load correctly. Will try again later in case it's just my Internet or something though.
Yeah, it's quite large. I can suppress various bits of it, but I guess the question is which bits are not needed on mobile (remembering that you're a moderator so you're probably seeing more info than the average user)?
May respond to "Mark".
This is from full reply on desktop.  I don't have any mobile reception at the moment, so can't test the small version.

and this is an attachment from desktop:

May respond to "Mark".
(14-06-2016, 11:45 AM)The Hatchetboy Wrote: This is from full reply on desktop.  I don't have any mobile reception at the moment, so can't test the small version.

and this is an attachment from desktop:

This is a reply from mobile, now I've found a wifi key!

Though, I agree, the mobile version doesn't seem to support attachments...
May respond to "Mark".
(14-06-2016, 11:34 AM)CraigM Wrote: Thank you Mark, good work.

Layout generally seems much better optimised for mobile so far. The header for each post with the posters name etc is quite large though, any one else notice that?

I've had a play with the mobile layout post header. Let me know what you think.
May respond to "Mark".
Only difference I see is the Avatar is left adjusted instead of centred.

I've been trying to figure out how this new-fangled tech works.
I think it we can try to get rid of everything in post_author except author_avatar and the first line of author_information, but still not sure how to do that for mobiles only.
Do you change author_information a, .post .post_author div.author_information and .post .post_author div.author_statistics?
Also do you replace the template file or are you using the myBB admin tool thing?
Set display: none in the reactive parts of temple.css for the relevant bits.

We can hide that info but not sure if it's useful for people...

Now stop boring the non-techies. Smile
May respond to "Mark".
I think the new layout looks pretty snazzy, my only bugbear would be changing the post_date and post_meta font colour; the grey on green is a little hard to read but thats a super nitpick.

Opening up dev tools shows theres a couple of js errors, namely jQuery is not defined and whatever 'thankyoulike.min.js' is is also missing.
When life gives you lemons... Go murder a clown.
* Various bits removed in the mobile view thread header.
* DESPERATELY searching for the random js reference... Smile

I'll have a look at the colors later. Smile
May respond to "Mark".
Colors adjusted. Still can't find the reference to that damned js file...
May respond to "Mark".
The mobile view is a bit improved, but I think .post_author div.author_information needs to not be width: 100%
Picky ****er. Smile Any better now?
May respond to "Mark".
Now the avatar is stacked on the author_information.
How do we get it on the same line? Set both to width:50%?
Screenshot pls!  It should flow, it does on mine:

May respond to "Mark".
(14-06-2016, 05:08 PM)The Hatchetboy Wrote: Screenshot pls!  It should flow, it does on mine:

The author-box is still nearly half the screen on my phone (LG G3 - 5.5" screen).